We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will not pass your e-mail address to other trusted traders unless you agree. The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, phone number, email address.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
We store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to track the contents of your enquiry through the website and for marketing purposes.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will have impact furniture in the file name.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you will not be able to use all features on the website.
Terms and Conditions of Contract
- “Buyer” or “You” – person who buys or agrees to buy Products from the Seller.
- “Conditions” – terms and conditions of contract set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed between us in writing.
- “Delivery date” – date specified by the Seller when the Products are to be delivered.
- “Products” – goods specified.
- “Price” – total price for the Products including carriage, packing, installation and VAT.
- “Seller” – Lakestone Ltd Trading as Bluestone Worktops
- “Consumer” shall bear the meaning as described in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Products in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including but not limited to orders placed using the Sellerís electronic online ordering service, subject in any case to these conditions, which shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
- If the Seller does not have sufficient stock to be able to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid will be refunded or credited to the Buyer’s account and the Seller will notify the Buyer at the address given by You in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of your order and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
Price and payment
- Save as provided otherwise herein the Price shall be that as stipulated in the Seller’s written quotation. In the event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. If notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order and receive back any sums they have paid. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within seven days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
- Payment for all orders are to be on a pro-forma basis.
- If the contract is for sale of Products without services then payment of the Price shall be due at the date of the order. Time for payment shall be of the essence. If the Buyer does not pay the Price when notified that the Products are ready for delivery or installation the Seller may bring an action for the Price even though property in the Products has not been passed to the Buyer. If the Buyer fails to make payment as required the Seller may terminate the contract and suspend performance of any other until payment is made in full.
- The quantity and description of the Products shall be set out in the Seller’s quotation.
- The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification.
- Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself.
- Worktop products are subject to natural variations in colour, porosity and texture. The Buyer accepts that such variations do not constitute grounds for rejection of the Products. Samples are available, however samples of all products are subject to particle & colour variance and are only to be used as a guide not a control sample.
- Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller or his agent notifying the Buyer that the products are available for collection at the Sellers premises or for delivery to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed.
- The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery.
- In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence however we aim to fulfil the delivery within 2-4 weeks from the date of the order. Please note some items may be delivered sooner or later than the above stated period.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- All orders for delivery to addresses within mainland GB are delivered at the advised charge prior to order confirmation.
- For delivery to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands and Channel Islands we will only be able to deliver to a nominated mainland GB address e.g. a port at the advised charge. Onward shipping from that point is the responsibility of the customer.
- Normal delivery times are 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Where a delivery date has been agreed with our carrier but the customer isn’t present to receive the delivery we reserve the right to charge the customer a minimum of £25 to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
- Goods are delivered to the door of the Buyer’s premises only.
Installation and Fitting
- Where the contract provides for Products to be laid or installed, we will carry out a site inspection at a time convenient to you and prepare a site survey report. The site survey report will specify the work to be carried out by the Seller and the responsibilities of the Buyer. In accepting the site survey report the Buyer agrees to:
- make sure that the fitter has access to the site at reasonable times (between 8am and 6pm on weekdays) or otherwise as agreed by you and us;
- make sure that any re-routing or installation of plumbing (including water, radiators, drainage, gas, sewage and the like), or electrics have been carried out to a good workman-like standard prior to the fitting date;
- remove furniture and carpets as requested in the site survey. Seller will not be liable for damage to any furnishings that have not been moved as requested;
- clear the room to provide sufficient working space for the fitter, and co-operate in reducing health and safety risks to an acceptable level;
- provide the driver with the guest parking permit if you live in a controlled parking zone or alternatively make necessary payment for time vehicle is parked.
- In accepting the site survey the Buyer confirms
- that you will be present during the site survey or templating service
- that you have told us of any particular features which you know about the site or its construction which may make the installation more difficult than we might reasonably expect. In particular, you acknowledge that you have checked the walls are sound.