Whereby a colour has random veins, colour shades & particles as part of the aesthetics, please note, due to these random patterns it is unlikely to have a continuous flow of the pattern when 2 sheets or 2 pieces of the same sheet are seamed together. The change of pattern will show up on the seam area. Vein Matching between worktops, upstands and end panels is at the discretion of the Seller. The Seller will take no responsibility for pattern and vein matching in any fabricated material.
Where a colour includes the mark *Disclaimer, please note this colour is prone to show dust, scratches and other wear and tear more easily. We therefore recommend that this colour should not be used in applications where the surface is exposed to high traffic & contact area’s, e.g. kitchen worktops & commercial work surfaces.
- All manufacturing details/specifications will require approval by the buyer.
- The buyer is responsible for all final drawings and specifications taken at template stage and approved prior to manufacture.
Returns and Cancellations
- Lakestone Limited do not offer a return policy for bespoke fabricated worktops so are non refundable. This applies for all bespoke/manufactured orders that have been started or completed. If cancelled the goods will be invoiced as per the order acknowledgement at full value.
- A minimum of 30% restocking charge will be applicable to any returns or cancellations on any Products. Bespoke materials or orders are non-refundable. Any cancellations after 14 days from order date will not be eligible for restocking and payment for 100% of materials will be required.
- Any cancellations received after 7 days of the date on the Contract are at the discretion of the Seller. Should any cancellation be accepted, deposits are non-refundable.
- Any cancellations must be made in writing and communicated by email to email@example.com
Warranty and Acceptance
- Stone Products are sold as seen. No warranty is provided in respect of any stone products except that the Buyer may, within 7 days of delivery and in accordance with Clause 7, return any products with which he is not satisfied. The Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products 7 days after delivery.
- Product Warranty Claims are the responsibility of the manufacturer. For example a Corian product failure claim will be the responsibility of Du Pont not the ‘’Seller’’.
The ‘’Seller’’ will not take responsibility for any fabrication costs or any associated site costs eg plumbing, electrical, joinery, decoration etc or due to a third party Product Warranty claim.
- If you experience slight colour differences in areas such as joints, window cills, upstands or splashbacks on all materials, the Seller regards this as an acceptable result due to light diffraction when a change in the angle or grain of material is against an opposing piece and as such will not consider any claims to replace worktops due the slight variances it may cause to tone/colour/particles due to light particles, diffraction or shadows.
- Bespoke fabricated sinks, bowls, basins or troughs for kitchens, bathrooms and washrooms will be supplied with a 12 month warranty period only. This applies to all products. Any leakages, de-lamination or defects will not be covered out of the 12 month period.
Title and risk
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
- Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or clear funds payment in full.
- The Seller reserves the right to ownership of the Products belonging to the Seller in the event of insolvency, failure of payment, debit or credit card fraud, debit or credit card claw back by the Buyer in dispute to any issues relating to the Products. The Seller reserves the right to collect the products having provided the Buyer with written notice allowing the Buyer 7 days to resolve any outstanding payments or claw backs.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
- Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend performance without further liability if:
- The Buyer makes any voluntary arrangements with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or
- An encumbrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer, or
- The Buyer, not being a consumer, ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business, or
- The Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- If the Products have been delivered but not paid for the Price shall become immediately due and payable.
- Customer is solely responsible for and hereby agrees to keep Seller indemnified against all liability arising from:
- Buyer’s failure to obtain any necessary planning consent or to comply with other statutory regulations relating to the installation or use of the Products.
- Operation or use of the Products other than in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions
- Seller’s liability to the Buyer for any default or breach whatsoever arising shall in no case exceed the contract Price.
- The contractual liability of the Seller is limited to the purchase value of the products. Under no circumstance shall the Seller be financially liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, income lost, costs of downtime or, in general, for losses of any kind that the Buyer may suffer due to non-delivery or faulty delivery of the products.
- The Buyer shall be solely liable, exempting the Seller where applicable, for damages stemming from the improper use, storage, preservation, processing or handling of products.
- For this purpose, the Seller has provided the Buyer with all the necessary documentation and instructions for the safe and proper use of products.
- Likewise, the Seller is exempt, with regard to third parties, of any legal, contractual or extra-contractual liability that may arise from the handling, treatment and installation of products made by companies other than the Seller.
- The Buyer is responsible for complying with the existing legal provisions on the environment, and especially for the managing waste produced in the handling and processing of acquired materials or their packaging.
- Therefore, the Seller shall have the right to modify the delivery times of the goods agreed with the corresponding Buyer and/or these General Conditions of Sale due to circumstances beyond its scope or control, including, among others, regulatory changes, natural or social or legal conditions (restrictive regulations on foreign trade operations, changing market conditions that may restrict or substantially affect the product supply or prices, as well as unforeseen tariffs or taxes) or force majeure that are beyond its control.
Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power at the Seller’s premises or its manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, material breakages during manufacture and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under the conditions shall be in writing and in the case of notices to the Seller, addressed to the Seller at its registered office or in the case of notices to the Buyer, at the Buyerís address as provided to the Seller.
Third party Rights
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 [and notwithstanding any other provision of this contract] this this contract is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute question or remedy howsoever arising shall be determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.
Handling and Delivery of Worktops
Please be advised that the Seller is delivering worktops that require manual handling to be placed in your residence. Your order mandates your presence during delivery and your assistance with unloading and proper positioning.
By proceeding with this delivery, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- It is your responsibility to plan and assess the route and weight of the goods.
- Goods must be transported on edge, avoiding flat placement.
- Maintain a straight back and balanced posture when carrying goods. Ensure your feet are properly positioned.
- Never attempt to lift items beyond your capacity.
- Adequate protective footwear, preferably steel toe-capped, should be worn during handling.
- Exercise cautious and attentive handling at all times.
- When setting down the goods, do so gradually and carefully.
Please note that any damage resulting from dropping the worktops is your responsibility.
You fully understand that the handling of goods is entirely at your own risk, and any injuries incurred as a result of mishandling are your own responsibility.
By proceeding with this delivery, you acknowledge that you have read, comprehended, and accepted these terms and conditions pertaining to the handling and delivery of the worktops.