Ultra Compact Worktops
Resilience, durability and versatility
At the very top of modern luxury kitchen and bathroom worktops, you will find Ultra-Compact worktops, with the highest levels of physical and mechanical properties in terms of compaction, resilience, durability, versatility and impressive appearance.
Science and technology have given us a ground-breaking new category of solid natural materials, created by the latest innovative fabrication process, known as Sintered Particle Technology. This process is similar to the natural fusion of minerals in nature, except it does not take thousands of years to accomplish. To explain the sintering process simply, it creates a new class of solid material by mixing, compacting and fusing elements of glass, porcelain and quartz under extreme pressure and temperature. This new classification is a unique composition that outclasses natural stone in all respects and as an added benefit, it contains anti-microbial elements that actively fight bacteria!
Bluestone’s Ultra Compact Worktops
In comparing sintered stone to other exceptional materials such as granite, marble and quartz, Ultra-Compact worktops give you the best of all worlds.
- You get the beauty of natural stone, but with greater consistency of colour and grain across slabs.
- Sintered stone is almost indestructible. It gives you even greater strength, hardness, durability, and-non porousness than any of the other materials. Because of its extreme hardness and compaction, it is highly resistant to scratches.
- It is completely non-porous and will not absorb any moisture, bacteria, or stains.
- Its resistance to extremes of heat and cold is unmatched. Short of setting it on fire, nothing can damage it. Hot pans will not affect it in any way and it can withstand freezing temperatures in outside use.
- Sintered stone does not warp and has virtually no thermal expansion, regardless of temperature and moisture changes.
- It is completely UV and chemical resistant. That makes it completely colourfast and the colours will never fade.
- It has the greatest compressive strength of any of the other materials, and together with its other qualities makes it suitable for staircases, outside facades, firepits, fireplaces, and anything that requires super strength and durability.
- The current wide array of solid colours, textures and finishes, is constantly expanded with further development of colours and a veined and marbled look.
- The colours are embedded throughout the slab for a natural appearance, but with much greater consistency across slabs than natural stone.
- It is available in very large slab sizes, making it highly suitable for kitchen islands and similar areas that require a single surface.
Cutouts & Drainer Grooves
Our Ultra Compact worktops look sophisticated and elegant, and because they are so versatile can suit a variety of different designs whether that be traditional or a more contemporary style.